Depending on the product type, different care instructions are recommended. Carefully go over the label attached to the product. We recommend dry cleaning for the cashmere products for the long durability and freshness.
We do not recommend hand washing for all cashmere products such as cashmere coat, blazer or some homeware items. However, if you are in position where you cannot find any dry-cleaning service, you could use hand wash.
Please note that Gobi cashmere is not responsible for any product quality change or damage related to the hand wash results. Following is only practical advice, not instructions.
- In lukewarm water about 15-30°C, add cashmere shampoo and swirl your hand in the water to disperse soap evenly. We recommend baby shampoo or pure shampoo without conditioner in it.
- Soak garment to the washbasin and wait for 10-20 minutes to soak and rest. 3. Gently wring the garment and leave it for a while for rest. 4. Put the garment in clean water to remove the soapsuds. Please be mindful that water temperature shall not exceed 30 degrees Celsius or 85 degrees Fahrenheit, otherwise, it will cause shrinkage and felting to your garment.
- Press out the excess water, but do not wring the sweater.
- Most important part – to dry the garment lay it flat on a towel and reshape it as it dries. The key is to keep the original shape and size while it is drying on the flat surface.
- If you iron afterwards, please use steam iron.
Pilling is natural
Your cashmere garment is pilling? Have no worries, because pilling is organic occurrence in cashmere. Pills are the little balls of fiber that start to gather on your sweater typically in areas where there is friction. Persistent pilling happens for those garments made of short fibers. Gobi cashmere sweater pills only once or twice depending on the garment type. Pilling can be quickly removed by the cashmere comb or easily picking them off by hand.
Always clean your cashmere before storing them. It is important to store them clean and in a sealed container if possible. Make sure you do not leave any fragrance behind as it can attract moths. In addition, body oils, perfumes and deodorants can discolor fabric over time. Neatly fold your garment and store it flat to maintain its shape and fit. Please use sealed container to prevent from moths.